These gluten-free Flourless Chocolate Cookies are rich, intensely chocolatey, and sprinkled with delicious smoked sea salt. And they're ready in under 30 minutes!
I've been in the mood for some serious comfort food these past few days. And we all know that nothing cures the blues like chocolate.
So today I'm sharing one of my favorite chocolate recipes with you. And it's not just any chocolate recipe - we're talking gluten-free Flourless Chocolate Cookies, sprinkled with smoked sea salt.
These Smoked Sea Salt Flourless Chocolate Cookies are:
- Intensely chocolately!
- Packed with melted dark chocolate, cocoa, and dark chocolate chunks.
- Sprinkled with smoked sea salt that cuts through the chocolatey richness.
- Vegetarian Friendly
Tips for Perfect Flourless Chocolate Cookies
Don't skip the sea salt.
The smoked sea salt is really the ingredient that elevates these easy flourless chocolate cookies to the next level. It's a popular pairing that you;ll often find in wine tastings too!
I used this smoked sea salt for my cookies. It worked out perfectly, and it's an affordable little splurge too!
The Double Chocolate.
I almost called these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, because there are two different kinds of dark chocolate in these.
You'll want a 70% cocoa dark chocolate (I like this one!), chopped up into pieces, to melt into your cookie batter.
And then you'll want some dark chocolate chips for mixing into the cookies as well.
You could cheat and use just one or the other, for both purposes. But they really do come out best when you use both types of chocolate.
Use parchment paper.
These cookies have a tendency to scald if they're cooked directly on a baking sheet. So I strongly suggest lining your baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper (also called baking paper).
If you love these flourless dark chocolate chip cookies, be sure to check out these other amazing gluten-free chocolate desserts:
- Flourless Chocolate Fondants
- Flourless Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Quinoa Cake
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Orange Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, and melt the chopped chocolate and butter. Stir to combine and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs, brow sugar, and granulated sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk until thick, light and creamy.
- Fold in the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Sift in the cocoa powder, smoked sea salt, and baking soda. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with additional smoked sea salt. Bake for 8 minutes. Leave on the tray for a few minutes to firm up before transferring to a wire rack.