Boiled new potatoes are smashed, drizzled with a little bit of oil, topped with seasonings, and baked in the oven until the tops get golden brown and crispy. They're addicting in the best way possible!
Servings: 4 servings
For the Smashed Roasted Potatoes:
- 2 pounds new potatoes rinsed
- 3 tablespoons high-heat oil like grapeseed
- Sea salt for sprinkling
For the Avocado Dill Aioli:
- 2 medium avocados pitted
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add the potatoes. Cook them until they're soft enough to poke with a knife or a fork, about 15 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the potatoes to the baking sheet. (You may need two baking sheets.) Using a fork or a potato masher, press each one down until it's smashed open. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with sea salt then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and crispy on top.
- Meanwhile make the avocado aioli by combining all of the ingredients in a food processor and blending until smooth. Add water or more lemon juice if a thinner texture is desired. Serve the potatoes warm with the avocado aioli and fresh dill.
Calories: 432kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 7gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 313mgPotassium: 1470mgFiber: 12gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 378IUVitamin C: 58mgCalcium: 48mgIron: 3mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
These were amazing!! So good! Soft and fluffy on the inside (like the best mashed potatoes without the calories in them) and super crispy on the outside--the absolute best combo!!!! I was skeptical about the aioli, only because I don't usually like things like it, but it was divine and paired wonderfully with the potatoes!
Sarah Cook says
Yay! I'm so happy you enjoyed them. Thank you for the feedback! 🙂