Boiled new potatoes are smashed, drizzled with a little bit of oil, topped with seasonings, and baked in the oven until the tops get golden brown and crispy. They’re addicting in the best way possible!Print
Smashed Roasted Potatoes with Avocado Dill Aioli
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings
For the Smashed Roasted Potatoes:
- 2 pounds new potatoes, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons high-heat oil (like grapeseed)
- Sea salt for sprinkling
For the Avocado Dill Aioli:
- 2 medium avocados, pitted
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add the potatoes. Cook them until they’re soft enough to poke with a knife or a fork, about 15 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the potatoes to the baking sheet. (You may need two baking sheets.) Using a fork or a potato masher, press each one down until it’s smashed open. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with sea salt then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and crispy on top.
- Meanwhile make the avocado aioli by combining all of the ingredients in a food processor and blending until smooth. Add water or more lemon juice if a thinner texture is desired. Serve the potatoes warm with the avocado aioli and fresh dill.