We love non-traditional twists on our favorite classics and this Rhubarb Tiramisu with Pistachios will blow your dessert mind!Print
Rhubarb Tiramisu with Pistachios
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 35 min with 2h to chill
- Yield: 4 servings
For the rhubarb:
3 cups rhubarb, cut into 1.25 cm | 0.5″ slices
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp lemon juice
For the cream:
2 cups mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
8 – 10 sponge lady fingers
- For the rhubarb: Combine the rhubarb, sugar and water in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved and the fruit is very soft, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Transfer the rhubarb and syrup to a bowl. Cover and chill until cold, about 2 hours.
- For the cream: Beat together all the ingredients for the cream in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble: Break the lady fingers into large pieces, arranging them in the bases of four serving jars.
Soak with a little of the rhubarb syrup. Spoon the mascarpone cream on top and top the cream with the rhubarb fruit.
- To serve: Serve immediately with a garnish of pistachios or cover and chill until ready to serve.