These grilled vegetables and halloumi cheese are a simple and delicious summer recipe. The smoky grilled halloumi pairs perfectly with the savory roasted veggies, all served up on a bed of fresh salad greens. Yum!
I don’t know if you have ever tasted it, but grilled halloumi is absolutely delicious. The flavor remains fresh and delicate with a perfectly crispy edge.
Even alone- it’s great! When added to another dish, like this grilled vegetable salad, the meal is completely changed - and it only takes a few minutes!
Halloumi is an off-white cheese, generally comes in a rectangular shape and is characterized by a fold in the center. Originally from Cyprus, halloumi has a firm texture, even in cooking—the opposite of mozzarella—and made from sheep's milk or cow's milk. It is very unique, and is one of the only cheeses that stands up to being grilled!
Yep, gives a whole new meaning to "grilled cheese". And once you've tasted this, you won't be able to get enough of it!
- 2 cups salad greens of your choice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup white mushroom
- 3 cloves garlic
- Herbs de Provence
- 250 gr halloumi
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut the onion and pepper into thin slices and sauté them in a skillet in olive oil.
- Chop the garlic and add them to the onion. Season with herbs of Provence.
- Cut the Halloumi block into 5 slices to obtain small scallops.
- Cook in a non-stick skillet until you obtain a smooth and soft texture.
- Add the salad greens to a plate, top with vegetables and cheese.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.