I don’t know if you have ever tasted it, but grilled halloumi is absolutely delicious. The flavor remains fresh and delicate with crispy edge. Even alone it’s great! When added to another dish, like in this recipe, the dish is completely changed—and it only takes a few minutes!
Halloumi is an off-white cheese, generally in a rectangular shape and is characterized by a fold in the center. Originally from Cyprus, halloumi has a firm texture, even in cooking—the opposite of mozzarella—and made from sheep’s milk or cow’s milk. It is very unique.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups salad of your choice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup of white mushroom
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Herbs of Provence
- 250gr of halloumi
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Cut the onion and pepper into thin slices and sauté them in a skillet in olive oil.
- Chop the garlic and add them to the onion. Season with herbs of Provence.
- Cut the Halloumi block into 5 slices to obtain small scallops.
- Cook in a non-stick skillet until you obtain a smooth and soft texture.
- Add the salad to a plate, top with vegetables and cheese.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.