The taste of plain tofu is not a taste that makes us jump with joy, but when given a little love in this vegetable stir-fry recipe, it becomes very interesting. The best way to make it tasty is to let it sit in a marinade. The longer it marinates, the tastier it will be! Even after 1 hour it will have absorbed many flavors.
Green Vegetables and Tofu Stir-fry
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1/4 cup reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 package (350 g) extra-firm tofu, sponged and cut into cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 carrots
- snow peas
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, and 3 tablespoons of the water. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat half of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Reserve on a plate.
- In the wok, add the rest of the vegetable oil, garlic, ginger, and hot pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add snow peas and asparagus. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add remaining water, cover, and simmer for about 3 minutes.