The taste of plain tofu is not a taste that makes us jump with joy, but when given a little love in this vegetable stir-fry recipe, it becomes very interesting. The best way to make it tasty is to let it sit in a marinade. The longer it marinates, the tastier it will be! Even after 1 hour it will have absorbed many flavors.
Servings: 4 servings
- ¼ cup reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 package 350 g extra-firm tofu, sponged and cut into cubes
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 carrots
- snow peas
- 1 ½ cups asparagus
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, and 3 tablespoons of the water. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat half of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Reserve on a plate.
- In the wok, add the rest of the vegetable oil, garlic, ginger, and hot pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add snow peas and asparagus. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add remaining water, cover, and simmer for about 3 minutes.
Calories: 155kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 4gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 621mgPotassium: 282mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 5543IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 2mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
It looks very yummy.I'll be making this recipe this weekend and I am so excited! Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe with us.