Fresh and Crunchy Italian Bread Salad
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 cucumber, cut into small pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mini fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 lb good country bread or ciabatta bread
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, mozzarella, garlic, and basil. Let stand at room temperature so the juice from the raw vegetables comes out, at least 5–10 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Cut bread into small pieces. Place in the bowl and mix.
- Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar, mixing again before serving.