The miso flavor in this Cheese Tortellini and Miso Soup really gives it a nice kick! This soup is hearty and delicious.
If you haven't tried miso, I hope that after reading my little recipe that you will buy it. It’s a fermented soy bean paste commonly used as a condiment in Japan—but now it’s used everywhere! In addition, miso may even have a favorable influence on health. Miso is unbeatable at giving delicious flavor to a marinade or vinaigrette—and you're sure to find a thousand more uses! It’s quite tasty and is in itself a satisfying meal.
Now that you have some miso, try this tasty ? or these delicious ? to use it up even more!
How to Make Cheese Tortellini and Miso Soup
- Pour ingredients up to lime juice into saucepan.
- Bring to boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Fry remaining veggies in oiled fry pan.
- Add tortellini to broth and cook until done.
- Add veggies and coriander, and serve!
Full directions for how to make Cheese Tortellini and Miso Soup are in the printable recipe card below.
Cheese Tortellini and Miso Soup FAQs
Can I freeze this soup?
You can definitely freeze this soup for later! It makes a great quick meal, and you'll never have to worry about having a nutritous dinner on short notice. Note that the pasta will be a bit weaker after reheating, so you may want to undercook it just a bit if you're planning to freeze your soup.
Do I have to use cheese tortellini?
You can use any kind of tortellini you prefer for this recipe. In fact, you can use any kind of pasta! You can easily swap out the cheese tortellini for some macaroni or bowties—but I am a big fan of cheese tortellini!
- Pour broth, ginger, garlic, ¼ cup soy sauce, miso, and lime juice into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour oil into a frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onions and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and diced peppers, then cook 3 to 5 more minutes. Remove fried veggies from the heat source and leave on standby.
- Add the tortellini to the broth, then cook according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Add fried veggies, sprinkle dish with coriander, and serve immediately.