This Caprese-Style Melon and Bocconcini Skewers recipe is perfect to make sweet and salty appetizers or a tasty snack in the sun.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cantaloupe or other melon of your choice
- 1 200 g package mini bocconcinis
- fresh basil leaves
- Pour balsamic vinegar and maple syrup into a saucepan. Simmer over low heat without covering until the liquid has reduced by half (about 10 minutes). Let cool.
- Cut the melon into cubes.
- On 12 mini-skewers of bamboo, prick a cube of melon, a bocconcini, and basil leaf. Repeat.
- Serve with syrup or plain balsamic vinegar.
Calories: 76kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 15mgPotassium: 177mgFiber: 1gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 1556IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 1mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Something to say? Leave a comment.