Here’s a super-simple and delicious recipe that will give you an incredible boost of energy.
During winter, it may be less attractive to cook a cold salad as dinner. However, this recipe is comforting, even during the cold days of winter. It’s quick to make and can easily be doubled or even tripled!
Brown Rice and Apples Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 6 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, without heart and cut into small pieces
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley
- The juice of a big lemon
- 5 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Serve fresh.
- Store in the refrigerator.