This easy no churn recipe for a decadent Bounty Viennetta Ice Cream is much better than the classic shop-bought dessert. Vegan and dairy free this ice cream is just like the love child of Bounty Bars and Vienetta Ice Cream.
There is one single dessert that stands out in my mind when I think of my childhood - and that is Vienetta ice cream.
It was one of those rare, special occasion treats that we would occasionally buy when we had guests coming over to dinner.
If you've never experienced Vienetta ice cream, it is an ice cream cake consisting of alternate layers of creamy ice cream and chocolate.
My Bounty Vienetta Ice Cream has all the hallmarks of the original Vienetta but is super simple to put together.
This no churn ice cream (i.e. doesn't require an ice cream maker) and is 100% dairy free and vegan.
With layers of creamy coconut ice cream and 70% cocoa chocolate, it is just like the love child of Bounty Bars and Vienetta Ice Cream. If you love both then you'll love this!!!
While you could simply scoop my Bounty Vienetta Ice Cream and serve it as a regular ice cream, it is a fabulous dinner party dessert.
Simply remove it from the tin and place it on a chopping board ready to slice and serve to your guests.
It's decadent, indulgent, creamy and utterly lick the bowl delicious.
More Ice Cream Recipes:
And if you love this vienetta ice cream, be sure to check out these other homemade ice cream recipes:
- 320 g tin coconut condensed milk (11oz)
- 600 ml coconut cream (2 ½ cups)
- 120 g 70% cocoa vegan chocolate (4 ¼ oz)
- ½ cup shaved coconut flakes/chips
- The night before you plan to make the ice cream refrigerate the coconut cream and condensed milk.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Place the condensed milk and coconut cream in the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk at a medium speed until thick and creamy.
- Line a small loaf tin with baking paper. Scoop ⅓ of the coconut mixture into the bottom of the loaf tin and spread to cover the base of the tin. Use a spoon to drizzle ¼ of the chocolate over the ice cream. Scatter with ¼ of the coconut flakes. Repeat for the remaining layers. Finally top with the remaining chocolate and coconut flakes. Place cling film over the top of the tin and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours before serving.
- Before serving let the ice cream sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Remove from the tin and slice to serve or simply scoop from the tin.
Have you tried this recipe?