Today I have a delicious recipe for you. This vegetable dish is consistent enough to be served as a meal, but you can very well serve it as a side dish. Rich in colors and flavors, this recipe will be appreciated by all!
Zucchinis are 95% water, which makes them a diuretic. It helps to purify the kidneys! Rich in fiber, it is also beneficial for the digestive tract. Zucchini is also your slimming ally—very low calorie (13.3 kcal/100g) and very little lipid (0.1g). In addition, it ensures the reduction of cholesterol. It prevents the accumulation of bad cholesterol and thus the appearance of cardiovascular diseases.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 3 zucchini s
- 2 yellow squash
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¾ cup cheese (I used a Mexican mix, but you can also use cheddar)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Cut the onion and mince the garlic. Sauté the onion and garlic with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook until the onions are soft and transparent.
- Slice the zucchini, yellow squash, and tomato (1/4-inch slices).
- Coat the inside of an casserole dish with non-stick spray. Spread the sautéed onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish. Arrange the other sliced vegetables, stacked vertically, in an alternating pattern. Season the top of the vegetables generously with salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, top with the shredded cheese, and bake without the foil for an additional 15 minutes. Top with chopped fresh parsley.