This Zucchini Vegetables Delight is colorful, delicious, and healthy! Whip up this dish whenever you want a simple veggie-filled main.
This vegetable dish is filling enough to be served as a meal, but you can also serve it as a side dish. Rich in colors and flavors, this recipe will be appreciated by all!
How to Make Zucchini Vegetables Delight
- Preheat oven.
- Saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Slice zucchini, squash, and tomatoes.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Assemble components in casserole dish and season.
- Cover with foil and bake.
- Remove foil, top with cheese, and bake again.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.
Full directions for how to make Zucchini Vegetables Delight are in the printable recipe card below.
Zucchini Vegetables Delight FAQs
What are the health benefits of zucchini?
Zucchinis are 95% water, which makes them a diuretic—it helps to purify the kidneys! Rich in fiber, zucchini is also beneficial for the digestive tract. Zucchini is also your slimming ally; it's very low calorie (13.3 kcal/100g) and very little lipid (0.1g). In addition, zucchini prevents the accumulation of bad cholesterol and thus the appearance of cardiovascular diseases.
What kind of dish is this?
Zucchini Vegetables Delight is a kind of vegetable casserole or deconstructed stew. It's mainly made up of vegetables with a few seasonings and a bit of a cheesy topping.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Sauté the onion and garlic with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook until the onions are soft and transparent.
- Slice the zucchini, yellow squash, and tomato into ¼-inch slices.
- Coat the inside of an casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread the sautéed onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish. Arrange the other sliced vegetables, stacked vertically, in an alternating pattern. Season the top of the vegetables generously with salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, top with the shredded cheese, and bake without the foil for an additional 15 minutes.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley and serve.