This recipe for Vol-au-Vents with Vegetarian Sauce uses carrots, corn, and green peas, but you can make your own variation with mushroom, zucchini, celery, or squash. To complete it all, you can serve the vol au-vent with a salad!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, dilute the cornstarch with the water. Pour mix into a saucepan over high heat. Add milk and pepper.
- Bring to boil, stirring until the mixture thickens. Reserve.
- Place the vol-au-vents on a baking sheet. Heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and cook the carrots in a pan over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn and peas. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the vegetables into the milk mixture and reheat if necessary.
- When serving, garnish vol-au-vents generously with the sauce.