Craving pasta? Try this simple, tasty veggie spaghetti made with carrots and zucchini instead and skip the carb-induced nap!Print
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
2 – 3 thyme sprigs, roughly torn
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 large carrots, peeled
2 large zucchinis
1/2 cup pine nuts
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
freshly ground black pepper
- Stir together cherry tomatoes, extra-virgin olive oil and thyme with some salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl. Set aside until needed.
- Cut carrots and zucchini into large sections. Attach to a spiralizer and turn through the machine into long strands, collecting them in a bowl.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet set over a moderate heat until golden-brown and aromatic. Tip out into a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in the skillet. Add garlic clove, fry for 30-40 seconds, then remove. Add carrot and zucchini strands, sautéing with a pinch of salt until just softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Divide carrot and zucchini spaghetti between bowls. Serve with marinated cherry tomatoes on side and a topping of toasted pine nuts.
More of a sauce person? This “pasta” is dreamy with your favorite veggie pasta sauce, too!