Requiring few ingredients, our Vegetarian Chickpea and Veggie Burger recipe will be ready to eat after only 15 minutes of prep and 10 minutes of cooking!
Servings: 4 servings
- 265 g ½ lb canned chickpeas, drained or fresh
- 2 eggs
- 1 cooked carrot cubed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 handful parsley chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 ¼ tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- TO SERVE
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaves
- ⅓ finely chopped red onion
- sliced tomatoes
- Put the chickpeas, eggs, carrots, salt and pepper in a blender and grind until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to large bowl and add parsley, green onions, lemon zest, and bread crumbs. Mix well and reserve in the fridge for 5–10 minutes.
- Wet your hands with water and shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the veggie patties for 3–4 minutes on each side.
- Serve chickpea burgers in breads spread with mayo, lettuce, red onion, tomato, and pickles.
Calories: 298kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 13gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 843mgPotassium: 291mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 2758IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 150mgIron: 4mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Mel C says
Much appreciated for this fab recipe!
Grão de Bico says
Chickpeas are the best