Requiring few ingredients, our Vegetarian Chickpea and Veggie Burger recipe will be ready to eat after only 15 minutes of prep and 10 minutes of cooking!
Vegetarian Chickpea and Veggie Burger
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 265 g (1/2 lb) canned chickpeas, drained or fresh
- 2 eggs
- 1 cooked carrot, cubed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaves
- 1/3 finely chopped red onion
- sliced tomatoes
- Put the chickpeas, eggs, carrots, salt and pepper in a blender and grind until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to large bowl and add parsley, green onions, lemon zest, and bread crumbs. Mix well and reserve in the fridge for 5–10 minutes.
- Wet your hands with water and shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the veggie patties for 3–4 minutes on each side.
- Serve chickpea burgers in breads spread with mayo, lettuce, red onion, tomato, and pickles.