Tired of sandwiches? Try this Vegetarian Apricot Crostini recipe for a light, healthy snack that's oh-so-satisfying! (And it makes a perfect appetizer for summer dinner parties.) It's topped with ricotta and honey, although brie would work too.
- 1 demi-baguette cut into ½-inch slices
- ½ cup ricotta cheese I used low-fat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 small apricots pitted and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp honey
- a handful of arugula optional—it adds a nice peppery contrast to the sweetness of the apricots and honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bread slices on baking sheet and top each with ricotta, salt and pepper, and apricot slices.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until crostini is nicely toasted.
- Drizzle with honey and top with arugula (if using).
This post was originally published on 7 August 2012.