Pistachio lovers will swoon over these delicious fluffy Pistachio Muffins. These bakery style muffins use pistachio butter and pistachios to give you the ultimate nutty flavor in each bite. Change up your usual muffin flavors with this unique recipe!
I love making homemade pistachio butter, so I decided to try using some to make muffins. The end result turned out so amazing I had to make an extra batch for the freezer! You can make your muffins plain, or do what I did and mix in chocolate chips for added sweetness in each bite.
This Pistachio Muffin recipe is...
- Quick to whip up and bake (around 30 minutes!)
- Made with pistachio butter and unsalted pistachios
- Great for breakfast or dessert
- A homemade muffin recipe
While you're here, be sure to grab our FREE 5-Day Meatless Meal Plan. It's packed with tasty recipes to make vegetarian cooking easy and delicious!
How to Make Pistachio Muffins
- Preheat the oven and prep the muffin tins.
- In a bowl, mix butter, sugar, and pistachio butter till nice and creamy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add some of the dry ingredients, making sure to scrape down the sides.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk, ending with milk.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts, and mix well.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, bake, cool, and enjoy.
Full directions for how to make Pistachio Muffins are in the printable recipe card below.
Tips & Tricks for Pistachio Muffins
Stand or Hand Mixer
You do not need a stand or hand mixer to make this recipe, but I do recommend it. You will find an electric mixer will really mix up the ingredients well.
Measure Ingredients Properly
One of the biggest issues when it comes to baking is making sure to measure properly. Don't over-fill your flour or wet ingredients! If you do, the texture of the muffins will not be correct. You have to be precise when it comes to baking!
Variations to Pistachio Muffins
Leave Out Pistachio Nuts
If you don't want crunchy muffins, you can leave out the nuts. The pistachios do add a nice flavor and texture to the muffins, but even without the nuts you will still taste the pistachio because of the pistachio butter.
I mixed some chocolate chips into my muffins! If you don't want that much sugar, you can skip the chocolate chips. Or you could swap them out for white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, etc!
Dust your muffins with some coarse sugar once you are done scooping the batter into the muffin tin. The coarse sugar will add a slight crunch and sweetness to the muffins.
Pistachio Muffin FAQs
How should I store these muffins?
You can store your muffins at room temperature on the counter. The muffins will last up to 4–5 days. However, you will find that after the first 2 days the muffins may begin to dry out a bit.
Can I make mini muffins instead of full size?
You can easily make this recipe into mini muffins! Just reduce the baking time to about 7–10 minutes. Check on your muffins often to determine how long your oven will take to bake them.
Can I double this muffin recipe?
You can go right ahead and make a larger batch of muffins if you want more! These muffins are great for serving a crowd. Just grab a large enough bowl and get to baking!
How do you freeze muffins?
Allow the muffins to fully cool off first. Then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. Remove any air in the bag, and then freeze for 3–4 months. When you want to eat one of your muffins, just thaw it on the counter or warm it up in the microwave.
- ½ cup pistachio butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup unsalted pistachios
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line a muffin tray with papers.
- In a large bowl, beat the pistachio butter, butter, and sugar together until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, then beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the butter mixture and stir until mostly combined. Then add the milk and stir until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pistachios until evenly distributed.
- Fill each muffin tray cavity with batter.
- Bake muffins in the preheated oven for 18–20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.