Pineapple Jalapeño Granita
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeño, halved (don’t discard the seeds)
- 1 lb pineapple, peeled and diced
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine the water, sugar, and jalapeño in a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. When the mixture comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Cool mixture to room temperature and then strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Add pineapple, lime juice, salt, and sugar mixture to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Freeze until ice forms around the edges. Stir with a fork and return to the freezer—repeat every 20–30 minutes until granita is completely frozen.
- Use a fork to scape the granita into fluffy crystals and serve.
Cook time is the time in the freezer. Freeze time is approximate—it takes about 3 hours in mine.