This No Bake Vegan Lemon Tart just might be the perfect summer dessert. A crunchy homemade pie crust is filled with zesty lemon filling, then topped with coconut cream and fresh berries. Yum!
If you're looking for a no-bake dessert to carry you through the high heat of summer, look no further.
You can't do better than this simple lemon tart. The whipped coconut cream and tart lemon flavors mingle together perfectly.
This no bake vegan lemon tart is:
- 100% plant based
- Gluten-Free (when made with my gluten free pie crust)
- Light and refreshing.
- Totally delicious.
- Perfect for summer!
Tips & Tricks
Be sure to give the coconut cream enough time to chill down- it's the only way it'll whip into the texture you want for your topping.
And don't hesitate to change up the berries for other seasonal fruits like pineapple, kiwi, and mango. They all work perfectly!
We used this vegan gluten free pie crust to pair with this tart. It blends perfectly with the lemon and coconut cream flavors. But you can use a store bought pie crust if you prefer.
For the filling:
- 5 cups silken soft tofu 750g, drained and pressed
- 2 lemons juiced
- ½ cup light agave nectar 120 g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the cream:
- 28 oz coconut milk 2 cans, 800 ml, chilled overnight
- 2 tbsp granulated stevia or sugar
- 4 cups mixed berries 575 g, such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries (some halved)
For the filling:
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling in a clean food processor. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the processor from time to time.
- Pour into the prepared crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
For the coconut cream:
- After chilling, prepare the coconut cream. Carefully open the cans of chilled coconut milk. Scrape the solids into a mixing bowl, reserving the coconut liquid for another use.
- Add the stevia to the coconut cream solids and beat well with an electric mixer until thick and peaked.
- Spoon the coconut cream on top of the lemon filling, spreading it out into a round.
- Decorate the top of the cream with the mixed berries before serving.