A blackberry tart so rich and luxurious, nobody will suspect it’s a piece of cake to make!
A blackberry tart is elegant. It’s just that simple. Here, summer’s sweetest little treasure gems mingle with the sweet, creamy dream of mascarpone cheese. Trust us when we tell you this dessert will be your go-to summer staple. These are equally delicious (and pretty!) as individual tartlets if you’re baking for folks who don’t share well.
As an added bonus, the Basic Tart Dough called for here is something we make en masse that you’ll always find kicking around our freezers. It plays well with sweet summer desserts and savory breakfast quiches alike, so adding it to your list of kitchen staples is adding a workhorse to your team.
When it comes to the mascarpone cheese, you don’t have to go top of the line here. Grab whichever brand suits your taste the best. We do love to swap vanilla paste in for the vanilla extract because nothing is lovelier than a cream filling speckled with vanilla seeds.
- One recipe Basic Tart Dough
- 3 cups 650 g mascarpone
- 1 cup 225g granulated sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 ½ cups 675 g fresh blackberries, rinsed and patted dry
- Prepare the tart dough.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190°C; 170° fan).
- Roll out the dough and fit into a 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom, or smaller individual tartlet pans. Trim any excess dough from around the edges. Prick the bottom of the shell all over with the tines of a fork. Line the tart shell(s) with a piece of buttered aluminum foil, butter side down, and fill with dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- For Mascarpone Filling: In a large bowl, combine mascarpone, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and cornstarch. Whisk together until smooth and creamy. Spoon mascarpone mixture into the baked tart shell and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- To Assemble: Allow the tart to cool. Decorate with blackberries. Refrigerate until ready to