Why We Love This Recipe
Crumble it on a salad, add it to a mezze platter, use it as a pizza topping, tuck it into a pita with falafel—there are so many possibilities for this tangy, salty vegan version of feta.
About The Little Vegan Cookbook
The Little Vegan Cookbook: 500 of the Best Vegan Recipes Ever is, as its name suggests, a little cookbook—but it's a little cookbook packed to the gills with vegan recipes compiled from several vegan cookbooks and authors. This book has a little bit of everything, from vegan staples like cashew cream to unique recipes that will inspire you to get into the kitchen. (Bulgogi-Style Tofu? Yes please!)
Some of our favorite recipes include:
- Compassionate Calamari
- Jamaican Jerk Tempeh Skewers
- Cherry Vanilla Bean Pancakes
- Mango Basil Wraps
- Triple Mushroom White Lasagna
- Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie Cheesecake
- Chocolate Salted Caramels
- Tu-Not Salad
Purchase This Book
The Little Vegan Cookbook: 500 of the Best Vegan Recipes Ever is available on Amazon.com.
- The night before, freeze the pressed tofu overnight in a freezer-safe plastic bag.
- The next day, let the frozen tofu thaw for about 4 hours, and then press it again to remove any moisture. Crumble into ½-inch (1.3 cm) chunks into a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl,
- whisk together the vinegar, olive juice, lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons (10 g) of the salt.
- Drizzle the mixture over the tofu and stir to combine. Let rest in the fridge for 1 hour, stir again, and let rest 1 hour longer. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon (5 g) salt, if using. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.