Many parents find it hard to prepare nutritious lunches for their little ones and don’t know where to turn. This quick recipe is the solution! It will easily fill a place in your child's lunchbox. Fresh and light, this must-have recipe for Veggie-Filled Cream Cheese Bagel Spread can be easily adapted to your needs. You can choose whether to make it sweet or salty; your imagination is the only limit!
For a sweet version: remove the vegetables and mix the cream cheese with a mix of fruits like strawberries, blueberries, apples, etc.
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and let it come to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- While your cream cheese is warming to room temperature, start chopping your veggies.
- Chop celery and peppers into small cubes.
- Wash and grate carrots.
- Add all of your chopped vegetables to mixing bowl with the cream cheese.
- Start mixing by folding your vegetables into your cream cheese with a spoon. Mix and fold veggie medley into your cream cheese until the vegetables are spread evenly throughout the cream cheese spread.