If you're a vegetarian, you've probably eaten your share of Thanksgiving dinners consisting of nothing but side dishes. That can be delicious and all, but it's nice to have a little plant-based protein with your meal.
That's why we love this roasted sweet potato and tempeh side from Lightlife. The sweet potatoes and tempeh roast up in the oven while you whip up a quick orange marmalade-based sauce on the stovetop. This is a side dish that everyone at your table will love, but the tempeh will be especially appreciated by those who choose to forego turkey.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into small cubes; transfer to a large bowl.
- Slice the tempeh into cubes and add to the bowl with the olive oil and rosemary.
- Toss well to coat everything and place on a large baking tray.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking make the sauce.
- In a small pan add the marmalade, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, oregano and water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a platter and drizzle the sauce over the top.
- Serve at once.