This Mediterranean Flatbread may be the fanciest 20-minute meal I've ever made. It starts out with a flaky phyllo dough crust, that melts in your mouth. Then it's layered with incredible flavors from pesto, sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and kalamata olives!
I just love summer entertaining. And in Florida, we do our entertaining by the pool! I created this Mediterranean Flatbread as part of my perfect pool party menu, complete with wine pairings. Be sure to check out the full menu!
I love this flatbread recipe because it's so quick and simple to make - but looks so impressive! I think it's the crust. That flaky, layered, melt-in-your-mouth phyllo dough crust just looks like it took all day to make. No one will know you made it in 20 minutes!
Let's Make Mediterranean Flatbread!
Start off with the crust! It's so simple, you won't believe it.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, start with a roll of pre-packaged phyllo dough. Place a single sheet of phyllo down on the parchment paper. Then brush it lightly with a coating of melted butter. (I didn't say this was going to be too healthy!)
Then place another single sheet of phyllo on top, and brush that again with the butter. Continue this layering process until you've used all the phyllo sheets. Tah-dah! Crust is ready.
Next, layer on your toppings. For my Mediterranean flatbread I layered on a bit of pesto, a generous helping of feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and kalamata olives.
I like to make things really quick by buying the pre-sliced kalamata olives and the sun-dried tomatoes that are already julienne-cut!
Feel free to mix it up, and try your own favorite toppings. I bet this would be delicious with some artichoke hearts as well, or a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
When the flatbread is assembled, simply bake it in at 375 degrees (F) for about 12-15 minutes. Keep a close eye - it's ready when the phyllo crust is a golden brown.
We enjoyed this Mediterranean flatbread at our last summer party, paired with a delicious Moscato! I hope you'll check out the full party menu for more wine pairings and party recipes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay one single sheet of phyllo on the parchment paper. Brush lightly with a coating of the melted butter.
- Layer another single sheet of phyllo dough on top of the first. Brush this one lightly with melted butter. Repeat this process, layering all sheets of phyllo, until none remain.
- Spread pesto evenly on top of phyllo dough crust.
- Top with feta cheese, kalamata olives, and sun dried tomatoes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, Keep a close watch - it's done when the crust turns golden brown.
Want more delicious recipes?