Why We Love This Recipe
Apple cider vinegar has lots of health benefits, but drinking it straight isn't for the faint of heart. Combining it with other ingredients makes it much more palatable—and combining it with green tea, ginger and honey makes it an antioxidant-packed, cold-fighting powerhouse.
About The Apple Cider Vinegar Companion
Who knew that bottle of apple cider vinegar in your pantry could do so much? The Apple Cider Vinegar Companion has recipes for home remedies, food, drinks, DIY skincare and cleaners—it's the ultimate guide to unleashing the all-natural power of apple cider. If you're looking for ways to live more naturally and eliminate toxins and chemicals from your home, this book is a fantastic place to start.
Some of our favorite recipes include:
- Fruit and Vegetable Wash
- Homemade Cough and Cold Syrup
- Hard Cider Mustard
- Mexican-Style Pickled Vegetables
- All-Natural Deodorant
- Fragrance-Free Fabric Softener
Purchase This Book
The Apple Cider Vinegar Companion: Simple Ways to Use Nature's Miracle Cure by Suzy Scherr is available on Amazon.com.
- In a medium pot, combine the water and ginger. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and add the tea bags and mint leaves. Cover and steep for about 15 minutes.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain out the ginger, tea, and mint and discard. Add the honey and vinegar to the tea and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a pitcher and let cool to room temperature before refrigerating.