Almond lovers, you may become totally addicted to this cake—it's out of this world!
This is a recipe that has been a great success with my friends and family. Its easy & quick to make, and the texture is downright amazing. This cake is a pure delight with every bite!
Even better, this is a gluten-free recipe.
- Mix almond flour, flour, and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites into soft peaks. Add 1 tablespoon sugar and continue whisking until the whites are firm, smooth, and shiny.
- Add the melted butter & the remaining sugar to the flour mixture.
- Mix together by lifting the preparation with a spatula. Stir in almond extract.
- Pour the dough into a round mold 22 cm in diameter. Sprinkle with flaked almonds & powder with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, slide the cake in the oven, and cook for 50 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before unmolding.