This Creamy Vegetarian Pasta recipe is perfect for weekly dinners. It takes less than 30 minutes to get this tasty meal on your plate, and it's made from only a handful of simple ingredients. This pasta dish is like happiness on your plate. Eat it plain or round it out with a nice side salad or some crusty bread—like this Vegan Garlic Bread with Kale Pesto.
- 2 ¾ cups pasta of your choice
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 package cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, add onion and pepper. Cook—stirring occasionally—for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat.
- In the saucepan, add cream cheese and ½ cup reserved pasta cooking water. Mix to coat the pasta. (If necessary, add more pasta water to obtain a creamier sauce.) Add vegetables and mix.
- Divide the pasta into bowls and serve.