These balls make excellent pre-workout snacks, but can also fill your cravings for cookies.
They are easy and quick to make. You can freeze the balls and take them out when guests arrive unexpectedly. You can also make a big batch for the holidays right around the corner!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 balls 1x
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 3 cups of rice cereal
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Melt the butter with the peanut butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice cereal and icing sugar. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and sugar and mix tightly.
- With this mixture, form balls 2.5 cm in diameter and place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bain-marie and keep warm and smooth while handling the balls. Place a ball in a teaspoon and soak gently in the chocolate to coat them.
- Roll them in the chopped peanuts and place on a baking sheet in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden.