These balls make excellent pre-workout snacks, but can also fill your cravings for cookies.
They are easy and quick to make. You can freeze the balls and take them out when guests arrive unexpectedly. You can also make a big batch for the holidays right around the corner!
Servings: 24 balls
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup of butter
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 3 cups of rice cereal
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Melt the butter with the peanut butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice cereal and icing sugar. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and sugar and mix tightly.
- With this mixture, form balls 2.5 cm in diameter and place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bain-marie and keep warm and smooth while handling the balls. Place a ball in a teaspoon and soak gently in the chocolate to coat them.
- Roll them in the chopped peanuts and place on a baking sheet in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden.
Calories: 351kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 7gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 135mgPotassium: 251mgFiber: 3gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 126IUCalcium: 23mgIron: 2mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Bella Marin says
Could I substitute icing sugar for powdered coconut sugar?