Why We Love This Recipe
This delicious vegan pumpkin shake is straight from The Ghoulish Gourmet ebook, a by Kathy Hester of HealthySlowCooking.com. This shake tastes like a rich, creamy pumpkin pie milkshake, but it's full of healthy ingredients— and it's vegan too!
About The Ghoulish Gourmet
Halloween is just around the corner and whether you're vegan or just looking for some healthy seasonal recipes, this ebook is the perfect way to gear up for the holiday. It includes 25 Halloween-themed recipes and lots of fun ideas for presenting them in a spooky way. The recipes here range from kid-friendly to appropriate for adult parties (hello cocktails!). This book is a fabulous blueprint for throwing an epic vegan Halloween party.
Some of our favorite recipes include:
- Bats and Cats Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Deviled Purple Potatoes
- Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice
- Gruesome Forbidden Rice Mousse
- Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake
- Swamp Monster Slow Cooker Jackfruit Gumbo
Get the Book!
The Ghoulish Gourmet: A Bewitching Collection of Vegan Halloween Recipes by Kathy Hester is available on Amazon.com.
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds or ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- pinch cloves
- sweetener of choice to taste (maple syrup, stevia, monk fruit, agave and soaked dates all work well)
- ½ to 1 cup crushed ice
- Make your own nondairy milk by adding the water and pecans to a blender and blending until mostly smooth. At this point, you can strain the mixture or leave the tiny bits of pecan in to add texture to the shake. I like to leave them in.
- Next add the pumpkin, chia seeds, spices and your choice of sweetener to the blender with the nondairy mixture. Blend until smooth, taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- Add ice and blend until it looks like a milkshake. Please note that if you do not have a powerful blender you may need to add the first ½ cup of ice and blend, then add more in ¼ cup increments until it’s as thick as your blender (or undertaker) will allow.