Spinach, Mushroom and Ricotta Fettuccine with Lemon
A quick and filling pasta dish with nutritious spinach & mushrooms and rich ricotta finished with a zing of lemon zest.
- Total Time: 15min
- Yield: Serves 4
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP minced shallot
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 lb mushrooms, thinly sliced
¼ cup white wine
couple dashes red pepper flakes
5 oz fresh baby spinach
½ cup ricotta cheese
½ tsp Kosher salt
½ – ¾ lb Fettuccine, cooked according to package instructions
¼- ½ cup pasta cooking water
zest from ¼ of a lemon for garnish
1. In a large skillet or Dutch oven heat the oil, shallots, and garlic over medium heat. Stir lazily, yet constantly until it becomes fragrant (try to avoid browning the garlic).
2. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the white wine and cook until it evaporates.
4. Add the spinach and turn off the heat. Let sit 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the ricotta cheese.
6. Add the drained pasta and stir together.
7. Add enough pasta water to loosen the cheese and allow it to the coat the pasta.
8. Put the pasta into your serving dish and zest the lemon over the pasta.