We love pizza, and we love to experiment. So rather than using a traditional crust, we made this pizza using whole grain naan. Making pizzas with naan is nice when you don’t have the time to mess with the dough—the key is to make sure any veggies you add to your pizza are cooked beforehand because you need to heat your naan at a lower temperature than you’d cook a pizza made with raw dough.Print
Wild Mushroom & Potato Pizza on Whole Grain Naan
A rustic wild mushroom and potato pizza made on whole grain naan and drizzled with truffle oil.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 small Yukon Gold potato, sliced paper-thin (use a mandoline slicer)
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- 2 oz wild mushrooms
- 1 (two-piece) package of whole grain naan
- 3 oz shredded fontina or mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp white truffle oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring about an inch of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add potato slices, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 4 minutes, or until just softened. Remove from pan immediately and rinse with cold water. Once potatoes are cool, squeeze out any excess liquid and set aside.
- Add walnuts to food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste; pulse until well-combined.
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray (I use olive oil in a mister) and heat at medium. Add mushrooms and sauté about 7–8 minutes, or until just beginning to brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread walnut mixture onto naan (it will be crumbly, but pressing it onto the naan will help it stick). Add half of the grated cheese, a layer of potato slices, the remaining cheese, and the mushrooms. Bake in oven for 8–10 minutes or until naan is crispy on edges and cheese has melted. Drizzle each pizza with 1/2 teaspoon of truffle oil just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 pizza