We love pizza, and we love to experiment. So rather than using a traditional crust, we made this pizza using whole grain naan. Making pizzas with naan is nice when you don’t have the time to mess with the dough – the key is to make sure any veggies you add to your pizza are cooked beforehand because you need to heat your naan at a lower temperature than you’d cook a pizza made with raw dough.Print
Wild Mushroom & Potato Pizza on Whole Grain Naan
A rustic wild mushroom and potato pizza made on whole grain naan and drizzled with truffle oil.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 small Yukon Gold potato, sliced paper-thin (use a mandoline slicer)
- 3/4 c. walnuts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 2 oz. wild mushrooms
- 1 (two-piece) package of whole grain naan
- 3 oz. shredded fontina or mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. white truffle oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring about an inch of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add potato slices, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 4 minutes, or until just softened. Remove from pan immediately and rinse with cold water. Once potatoes are cool, squeeze out any excess liquid and set aside.
- Add walnuts to food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste and pulse until well-combined.
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray (I use olive oil in a mister) and heat at medium. Add mushrooms and sauté about 7-8 minutes, or until just beginning to brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread walnut mixture onto naan (it will be crumbly, but pressing it onto the naan will help it stick). Add 1/2 of the grated cheese, a layer of potato slices, the remaining cheese, and the mushrooms. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until naan is crispy on edges and cheese has melted. Drizzle each pizza with 1/2 tsp. of truffle oil just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 pizza