What I Ate This Week

What I Ate This Week | Stuffed Zucchini with Quinoa & Peanut Sauce + Other Peanut Buttery Things

Stuffed Zucchini with Creamy Peanut Lime Sauce

You know how sometimes you get to the last few bites of a meal and you feel a little sad because you don’t want it to end? (You do, right? That’s not just me?) We had a lot of those kinds of meals this week. It was glorious. And full of peanut butter.

Here’s what I ate this week:

Stuffed Zucchini with Creamy Peanut Lime SauceStuffed Zucchini with Creamy Peanut Lime Sauce from Dishing Up the Dirt // I have my own go-to stuffed zucchini recipe that I make every summer, but I’m going to have to add this one to the rotation. Because: peanut sauce! !!! (And quinoa too!) I have to confess, I totally messed up the peanut sauce, though. I was making the recipe in half and got distracted and ended up cutting some of the ingredients in half and forgetting to with others. This was still amazing though. Amaaaazing!

Grilled Eggplant Banh Mi SandwichGrilled Eggplant Banh Mi Sandwich from Cooking Light // I’ve never had a banh mi before because I’m not big on mayo (unless it’s made with cashews, in which case YES PLEASE), but this banh mi has a sauce made with peanut butter instead. So good!

Sweet Corn Grilled Cheese with Smoked Gouda, Scallions, and Chile ButterSweet Corn Grilled Cheese with Smoked Gouda, Scallions, and Chile Butter from Panini Happy // We had these with polenta fries and while mine kind of oozed out all over the place because I knocked the top slices of bread off when I closed the lid on my Griddler, these were incredible. Corn! In a sandwich! Best idea ever.

Almond Butter Baked AppleAlmond Butter Baked Apples from Spicie Foodie // We had an extra apple and lots of almond butter, so Chris made this while I worked on dinner and we split it for dessert. This is kind of the trifecta for perfect desserts: easy, tasty, and healthy.

Herb and Hemp Stuffed PotatoesHerb and Hemp Stuffed Potatoes from Vegetarian Times // Okay, yes, these sound very strange, but they were good. They’re a little high in the calorie department, so they’re the kind of baked potato you have as a meal.

Barbecue Tofu PizzaBarbecue Tofu Pizza from Kitchen Treaty // I had the idea to make a pizza with my baked barbecue tofu for a while, but Kare beat me to it. Make this! Make it now! I used some of the leftover smoked gouda from the grilled cheese and I used premade crust which YES is not as good as homemade, but this week has been crazy.

Peanut Butter Pretzel CupsPeanut Butter Pretzel Cups // And when life is kind of crazy, the best solution is to make peanut butter pretzel cups. I crushed some pretzels, mixed them with peanut butter, and used it as a filling for these cups. Oh man, they were so worth it.

May 31, 2013 at 8:41 am

I’ll take one of everything please. ๐Ÿ™‚

Averie @ Averie Cooks
    May 31, 2013 at 9:03 am

Your bbq tofu sounds so good! But let’s face it, PB is where it’s at for me and those little PB cups are perfect!

dixya| food, pleasure, and health
    May 31, 2013 at 9:55 am

you have got me drooling again esp that pizza and pretzel cups look so gooood

Martina
    May 31, 2013 at 10:07 am

Mhhhh bbq tofu pizza yum!

Ha ha yea I get said as I finish me food too! But thats cause I’m greedy and I love eating ๐Ÿ™‚

Martina

May 31, 2013 at 10:48 am

I love Fridays on your blog ๐Ÿ™‚ Must start pinning some of these links/recipes I’m widening my eyes at so I actually remember to try them out. I LOVE peanut sauce- and I never would have thought to pair it with grilled eggplant, another love. And I’m so intrigued by that corn/gouda grilled cheese!

Have a good weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

mrsheartly, Jameka
    May 31, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Is there a recipe for the peanut butter cups??? I’d love to make these. Thanks!

June 4, 2013 at 3:13 pm

No recipe, I just melted some chocolate chips, spread them onto the bottom of a muffin cup, refrigerated them until firm, spread a few spoonfuls of peanut butter mixed with crushed pretzels onto the chocolate, then topped that with more melted chocolate chips and put a pretzel on the top. ๐Ÿ™‚

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking
    May 31, 2013 at 12:51 pm

This all looks incredible! At first I thought that baked apple was some kind of donut sandwich, but instead of disappointed I got really intrigued! A must-try for sure…

June 4, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I just read an article about donut sandwiches yesterday. I can’t believe that’s a thing now. ๐Ÿ™‚

Erika
    May 31, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I clicked on every.single.link with the intention of bookmarking it for later. I have to say, your taste in food is just impeccable ๐Ÿ™‚

May 31, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I want that pizza! Unbelievably delicious!

angela @ another bite please
    May 31, 2013 at 3:31 pm

your photos are amazing….every thing i want to eat…i just need to be joining you each day ๐Ÿ™‚

May 31, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Wow, that does look like a week of really good food, I want to try all of those recipes! I love the idea of using a peanut sauce on a banh mi instead of mayo, and those potatoes from Vegetarian Times caught my eye too – yours look like they turned out so well!

June 4, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Chris was skeptical about them at first, but we both agreed that they were tasty!

Maria Tadic
    May 31, 2013 at 3:42 pm

All I can really say is…YUM!
    Thanks for sharing recipes – love seeing more foodie blogs!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl
    May 31, 2013 at 9:15 pm

That grilled cheese sandwich looks amazing, as does the pizza. BBQ tofu is the best!!

Candace
    May 31, 2013 at 10:16 pm

That bahn mi sandwich in Cooking Light caught my eye too and so did your polenta fries! I’m pretty sure that grilled cheese is going to be in my future, as well. Dave and I have been doing meatless meals almost exclusively lately so you are giving me some great ideas. Thanks!

June 4, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Yeah, as soon as I saw that banh mi, I knew I had to make it immediately. ๐Ÿ™‚ It was so good!

Kelly @ Texas Type A Mom
    May 31, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Those peanut butter pretzel cups looks like a great combination of sweet and salty!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious
    June 1, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I love it all, especially that tofu pizza! I’ve been meaning to add more tofu to my diet and this is THE PERFECT way to do it!

ea-the spicy rd
    June 1, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Love the last part of your post title…and other peanut buttery things-yum! Everything looks delicious, but especially those stuffed zucchinis with the peanut sauce. Oh, my!

JulieD
    June 1, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Real banh mis have no mayo! So you’re good! And oh my goodness, with eggplant (I’m obsessed with eggplant)! I need to make stuffed eggplant again too!

Natalie @ Once Upon a Cutting Board
    June 1, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Oh my, that does sound like a delicious week! I loved the sounds of that stuffed zucchini when I saw it too, so I should definitely make it soon, and that grilled cheese sounds amazing!

June 4, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Definitely give the stuffed zucchini a try–we loved it!

Christine @ Gotta Eat Green
    June 1, 2013 at 9:12 pm

It all looks so delicious!! I was going to make coconut cups but those peanut butter pretzels cups may be made instead!

Kelly @ A Girl Worth Saving
    June 2, 2013 at 2:24 pm

If I had a day where I could cheat and eat whatever I wanted, I would make those chocolate pretzel cups. No joke.

June 4, 2013 at 2:51 pm

You have so much self-discipline. I totally need my Saturday treat. ๐Ÿ™‚

dishing up the dirt
    June 2, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Thanks for the shout out lady! I’m glad you enjoyed the stuffed zucchini. One of my favorites! All the other recipes sound fantastic as well! yum!

June 4, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Thank you for posting that amazing recipe–I am so obsessed with it now! ๐Ÿ˜€

Lisa @ Greek Vegetarian
    June 3, 2013 at 9:25 am

Getting to the last few bites of corn in a sandwich would definitely make me sad. And just looking that almond butter baked apple is making me cry. Can I come and live at your house?

June 4, 2013 at 2:44 pm

If you don’t mind sleeping on the floor and washing lots of dishes! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kare @ Kitchen Treaty
    June 3, 2013 at 1:20 pm

A FREAKIN’ SWEET CORN SANDWICH. *BRILLIANT*. (Yeah, I had to use asterisks because I wasn’t sure how to emphasize already obnoxiously capped letters).

I am so excited you made (and liked!) the barbecue tofu pizza. Thank you for sharing!

June 4, 2013 at 2:22 pm

What the world really needs is more corn sandwiches. Also corn pizzas. I’ve never understood why corn isn’t more popular on pizzas. (Ooh, what about a CORN and Barbecue Tofu pizza?)

Caitlin
    June 3, 2013 at 1:37 pm

the stuffed zucchini looks and sounds delicious! and i love the idea of peanut butter and pretzel in chocolate cups! definitely need to try that one ๐Ÿ™‚

June 4, 2013 at 2:20 pm