What’s better than a waffle? A waffle with chocolate! These simple waffles are a well-balanced combination between a crispy outside and soft inside that you want from a good waffle. This recipe must absolutely become part of your brunch repertoire.
Waffles will keep for up to 1 month in the freezer; just warm it in the toaster when you’re ready to eat!
Waffles with Chocolate and Waffles
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate, chopped in small pieces
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and whisk until the dough is smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. **The dough can be prepared in advance and refrigerated overnight.
- Preheat the waffle iron and lightly brush with oil. Pour about ¾ cup of dough for each waffle. Quickly close the waffle maker and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until waffles are golden, crisp, and do not give off steam.
- Reserve waffles in the oven on a baking sheet preheated to 300ºF until ready to serve. Cook the rest of the dough in the same way.