For the salad:
- In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli, raisins, red onion and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the flavors as desired. Add to the bowl with the broccoli and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours.
For the coconut bacon:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the liquid smoke, maple syrup, vinegar and soy sauce. Add in the flaked coconut and mix until well combined. Spread the mixture in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until browned and crisp. The coconut bacon can burn very quickly, so keep an eye on it in the oven. Remove from the oven and let cool (it will crisp up during this time).
- Use your fingers to crumble the coconut bacon slightly, then add 1/3 cup to the chilled broccoli mixture. Taste and add more as desired. Toss to combine and serve.
Keep any extra coconut bacon in an airtight container in the freezer. It comes back to room temperature in just a few minutes.