It’s the season for soup! Nothing is better than a warm bowl full of a hot liquid, unctuous and comforting to face the cold weather that's settling in.
The preparation of this recipe is simple, and the taste is soft and rustic.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of sweet curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger chopped
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper from the mill
- 5 cups acorn squash cut into cubes
- 2 large potato peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- ⅓ cup milk or cream 10%
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, curry paste, ginger, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Add the squash, the potatoes, broth, and tomato paste. Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the lemon juice and milk, and mix.
- In the food processor or blender, purée the mixture several times.