It’s the season for soup! Nothing is better than a warm bowl full of a hot liquid, unctuous and comforting to face the cold weather that’s settling in.
The preparation of this recipe is simple, and the taste is soft and rustic.
Squash Creamy Soup
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of sweet curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper from the mill
- 5 cups acorn squash, cut into cubes
- 2 large potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/3 cup milk or cream, 10%
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, curry paste, ginger, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Add the squash, the potatoes, broth, and tomato paste. Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the lemon juice and milk, and mix.
- In the food processor or blender, purée the mixture several times.