These sweet and salty appetizers are perfect for a snack in the sun.
Melon and Bocconcini Skewers
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 12
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cantaloupe or other melon of your choice
- 1 (200 g) package mini bocconcinis
- fresh basil leaves
- Pour balsamic vinegar and maple syrup into a saucepan. Simmer over low heat without covering until the liquid has reduced by half (about 10 minutes). Let cool.
- Cut the melon into cubes.
- On 12 mini-skewers of bamboo, prick a cube of melon, a bocconcini, and basil leaf. Repeat.
- Serve with syrup or plain balsamic vinegar.