I love bread and I keep trying recipes of all kinds. But what I love most about making bread is the delicious smell in the house while the bread is cooking in the oven. Today I give you a quick recipe that anyone can make because it doesn't require a robot or a bread machine!
After making the dough, you can embellish the ingredients as you wish. This recipe will give you simple and tasty buns.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 ½ cups warm milk
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, very soft or melted
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 5 vegan sausages of your choice
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Finely chop the sausage.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the butter and milk with the yeast. Stir the mixture to form dough.
- Knead the dough by hand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the kneaded dough to an oiled bowl. Cover the bowl with a towel and leave the dough to rise in a warm area until the dough doubles in size.
- After the dough has risen, divide it into 20 small balls.
- Take a ball of dough and stuff with 1 tablespoon of sausage
- Transfer the stuffed dough to an oiled baking sheet and repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- When all of the rolls have been shaped, cover the tray with a towel and leave the stuffed dough to rest for 30 minutes
- Add the cheddar cheese on top of the rolls. put into the oven, and bake for 30 minutes or until medium golden brown.