Our weekly vegetarian meal plans are 5-day menus that serve a family of 4 — or less if you don’t mind leftovers! Click on each of the meal links below to get printable recipes.
Here’s this week’s meatless meal plan:
Creamy Mushroom and Roasted Garlic Soup // This isn’t just any old cream of mushroom soup! Roasted garlic makes it even better.
Socca with Sautéed Chard and Parmesan // If you haven’t made socca before, give it a try—it’s a great alternative to flatbread or pizza crust.
Gnocchi with Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Lemon and Pine Nuts // Adding vegetables to packaged gnocchi helps it go a little further.
Crispy Cauliflower Carrot Fritters with Smoky Garlic Aioli // These pan-fried fritters are a reader favorite. We love serving them over a bed of salad greens!
Vegan Cincinnati Chili // Our meatless remake of Cincinnati chili—we replaced the meat with lentils, but it’s still perfect for serving over a bowl of spaghetti.
Tips For This Week’s Plan
- If you like your soup with bread on the side, add a crusty baguette to the shopping list—you’ll want to soak up every last bit of Monday night’s soup!
- To save a little time on Monday, roast the garlic on Sunday night and pop it in the fridge.
- Chickpea flour is also sometimes packaged as garbanzo bean flour or gram flour.
- We added a bag of salad greens to the shopping list to round out Wednesday and Thursday’s dinners—make a quick vinaigrette with balsamic and olive oil and toss in leftover veggies, like extra carrots from the fritter recipe.
- The fritters are served with a cashew-based aioli, but traditional aioli can be used instead. And if you’re making the cashew aioli, remember to soak the cashews! You can start soaking them in the morning before work.
- Instead of buying another onion to garnish the chili, use the remaining green onions from Thursday’s recipe.