Okay, so we love GoMacro bars just as they are, but when gomacro shared this recipe with us, we were blown away. You can break up a MacroBar and toss it in a dessert-like oatmeal parfait for a complete, delicious breakfast?! We. Are. Down.
We know you’re excited about this Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Parfait, but first, a little more about GoMacro.
Jola Sonkin, GoMacro’s Co-Founder, partnered with her mom out of their shared passion for healthy, wholesome food. Their story begins on Jola’s mother’s farm with her vegan dessert recipes. While they have grown in scope, the spirit of healthy living and delicious food remains in all of their products.
All Thrive bars are macronutrient balanced, and they are high in plant-based protein, healthy fats, and energizing carbs. Hemp hearts, quinoa, and sprouted flax are a superfood blend providing essential fatty acids and prebiotic fiber. Thrive bars are USDA organic, gluten-free certified, non-GMO, vegan, kosher, soy-free, and low-glycemic.
MacroBars are also USDA organic, gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, soy-free, and certified clean and raw. We tried the protein replenishment peanut butter and protein pleasure peanut butter chocolate chip. We give two thumbs up to both! Try the bars for yourself, and then toss them into this rich oatmeal parfait.
- 2 cups oats
- 2-4 tbsp fresh peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Water for boiling
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip MacroBar
- Peanut butter layer: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 cup oats to boiling water, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat and add 1-2 tbsp peanut butter and mix well. Set aside.
- Chocolate layer: In a clean saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 cup of oats to boiling water, cover, and let simmer for 5 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Add 1/4 cup cacao powder to oat mixture and stir well.
- Add a few spoonfuls of chocolate oatmeal to the bottom of 2 glasses. Next, add a peanut butter oatmeal layer. Add another chocolate layer followed by a second peanut butter layer. If you love peanut butter like us, add a tbsp of peanut butter in between the 2 layers.
- Cut a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip MacroBar into small squares. Add a few squares to the top of your parfait along with a tbsp of chocolate chips.