Requiring few ingredients, our veggie chickpea burger will be ready to eat after only 15 minutes of preparation and 10 minutes of cooking!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 265 g (1/2 lb) canned chickpeas, drained or fresh
- 2 eggs
- 1 cooked carrot, cubed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaves
- 1/3 finely chopped red onion
- sliced tomatoes
- Put the chickpeas, eggs, carrots, salt and pepper in a blender and grind until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to large bowl and add parsley, green onions, lemon zest, and bread crumbs. Mix well and reserve in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Wet your hands with water and shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the veggie patties for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve chickpea burgers in breads spread with mayo, lettuce, red onion, tomato, and pickles.