Barbecued Honey Tofu Skewers
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in cold water about 15 minutes before cooking.
- In a bowl, combine honey with soy sauce and garlic. Add the tofu, peppers, and zucchini. Stir to coat.
- Cover and marinate for 15 minutes in the fridge, ideally for 8 hours.
- At the time of cooking, preheat the barbecue to medium-high power.
- Drain tofu, peppers, and zucchini. Reserve the marinade.
- Alternatingly pierce cubes of tofu, peppers, and zucchini on skewers.
- Place the skewers on the hot and oiled barbecue grill. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with a little marinade.
- Serve with rice if desired.