If you read my blog regularly, you already know about Tropical Traditions. I’ve reviewed their Virgin Coconut Oil and several of their cleaning products in the past. This time around, I’m reviewing something a little bit different: Coconut Peanut Butter. I wasn’t sure how these two flavors would mesh, but trust me, this stuff is fabulous. Made from organic peanuts and organic coconut and nothing else (not even sweeteners!), this spread is perfect on bananas or toast and it lends a taste of the tropics to all your peanut butter recipes.
And speaking of recipes! I came up with this one because I happened to have all of these ingredients in the pantry. Although there are certainly many dessert panini recipes online, there aren’t very many that include Coconut Peanut Butter! The combination of bananas, chocolate, and peanut butter is a timeless one, but adding the essence of coconut to the mix makes it even better.
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
4 tbsp. Tropical Traditions Coconut Peanut Butter
8 slices of whole-wheat bread
2 medium bananas, sliced
4 tbsp. chocolate chips
In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and peanut butter. Spread 1 tablespoon of this mixture on 4 slices of bread, leaving 1/4 inch border on all sides to avoid leakage. Top each slice with 1/4 of the sliced bananas, 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips, and another slice of bread. Grill on a panini press at medium heat until sandwiches are toasted and chocolate chips have melted.
You can buy Tropical Traditions products on tropicaltraditions.com.
Tropical Traditions has generously offered to give one Type A Housewife reader a 16 ounce jar of Coconut Peanut Butter! Awesome, right? Follow the instructions below for your chance to win.
I am now using Rafflecopter for my giveaways! Leave the mandatory entry as a comment on this post; all other entries should be done through the Rafflecopter form.
Things You Should Know:
- One winner will receive Tropical Traditions Coconut Peanut Butter.
- Entry open to anyone 18 years of age and over, one entry per household.
- Open to those in the US only.
- Giveaway ends on Wednesday, August 3 at 12:01am EST.
- Winner will be chosen via random.org
- Because I know emails can get lost in the ether, I will email the winner twice. If I don’t hear from you within 24 hours of the first email, I’ll try again. If, after 48 hours, I still haven’t heard from you, another winner will be chosen.
- Winner will be announced in a separate post on my blog.
- I will check to make sure the winner did not cheat by entering under multiple accounts/email addresses. So really, don’t even try it. Cheating is not a good look.
- Disclosure: I received a sample from Tropical Traditions to facilitate this review, but all opinions are my own–I only review products on my blog that I truly love and recommend to my readers. No monetary compensation has been received.
Thank you to Tropical Traditions for sponsoring this giveaway!