Why We Love This Recipe
A bowl of pasta just isn’t the same without a dusting of parmesan cheese. With nutritional yeast and almonds, this vegan substitute mimics both the cheesy tang and the slight nuttiness of the real deal.
About The Best Homemade Vegan Cheese and Ice Cream Recipes
Making your own cheese and ice cream can be a bit of a challenge if you’re trying to pull it off without dairy—having some reliable recipes in your pocket is a must (believe us, you don’t want to wing it when it comes to making vegan cheese!). The Best Homemade Vegan Cheese and Ice Cream Recipes is full of tried-and-true recipes that will have you whipping up your own dairy-free ice creams and cheeses in no time.
Some of our favorite recipes include:
- Cheddar with Roasted Red Pepper
- Cashew-Soy Ricotta
- Cheese with Almonds and Rosemary
- Vegan Fondue with White Wine
- Pineapple Lime Sorbet
- Peach Pie Ice Cream Pops
- Coconut Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Bars
- Chocolate, Coffee and Vanilla Neopolitan
Purchase This Book
The Best Homemade Vegan Cheese and Ice Cream Recipes by Marie Laforêt is available on Amazon.com.
Courtesy of The Best Homemade Vegan Cheese & Ice Cream Recipes by Marie Laforêt © 2016 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews 125 mL
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds 125 mL
- 2 tsp sesame seeds 10 mL
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast 22 mL
- 1 tsp sea salt 5 mL
- In food processor, combine cashews, almonds, sesame seeds, yeast and salt; process to a fine, slightly grainy powder. Use immediately or transfer to a jar or airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
For a cheese with an even finer texture, use 1 cup (250 mL) cashews and omit the almonds.