Why We Love This Recipe
Cauliflower makes this soup creamy without dairy—and kale makes it a nutrient-dense meal that’s the perfect antidote to heavy fall foods.
About The 22-Day Revolution
Lose weight and revamp your health in 22 days? Sounds too good to be true, right? Nope! The 22-Day Revolution is all about embracing nutritious plant-based foods to help you optimize your health and fitness. The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook contains over 150 recipes, with four customizable meal plans tailored to different weight loss goals. Giving up meat, dairy and junk food for over 3 weeks may seem intimidating, but with these delicious meal ideas, you won’t feel like you’re missing out.
Some of our favorite recipes include:
- Raw Lasagna
- Curry Cauliflower Steak
- Iced Pumpkin Bread
- Walnut Chili
- Raw Key Lime Pie
- Bolognese Pasta
Purchase This Book
The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook: The Ultimate Resource for Unleashing the Life-Changing Health Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet by Marco Borges is available on Amazon.com.
Reprinted from The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook by Marco A. Borges, with permission from publisher.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil or oil of choice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 small head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 large bunch lacinato kale, destemmed and roughly chopped, reserve 1 to 2 cups for kale chip garnish
- 6 cups vegetable broth, unsalted or low sodium
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large pot,heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat, and sauté the onions with garlic and a pinch of sea salt until the onions become translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and about 1?2 tea- spoon sea salt and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the kale, except for 1–2 cups reserved for kale chips. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10–15 minutes until the cau- liflower becomes tender.
- To make the kale chips, thoroughly dry the remaining kale, toss with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the rest of the sea salt and bake for 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Let the soup slightly cool, then puree in a blender in batches until smooth and creamy.
- Return the smooth soup to the pot and continue to simmer it at low heat for another few minutes. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with kale chips, and serve!