Have you noticed how normal it is to eat meatless meals lately? Back when I first went vegetarian, it seemed like every meal was built around meat. And being vegetarian seemed like a much bigger deal than it is now–there were more strange looks, more menus you couldn’t order from, more rude comments. But now, it’s becoming common for households to go meatless a few days a week. Meatless meals aren’t just for vegetarians anymore! So I decided to ask some of my fellow food bloggers to tell me about their favorite vegetarian recipes.
1. Black Bean Burgers [Courtney from Cook Like a Champion] // These black bean burgers are hearty, delicious and healthy. They’re moist and flavorful inside, with a perfectly seared outside.
2. Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Soup [Jessica from The Novice Chef] // This soup is so creamy and full of flavor, that it feels like you are eating a bad for you soup! Plus all the spices warm you up.
3. Greek Salad Rolls [Roxana from Roxana's Home Baking] // These Greek salad rolls are made over and over in my kitchen.
4. Shaved Asparagus & Portobello Three Cheese Pizza [Rachel from Following in My Shoes] // This is probably my favorite vegetarian recipe–(1) it’s delicious and (2) a great balance of being light yet filling at the same time (i.e. my husband doesn’t complain there isn’t any meat).
5. Sweet Potato Latkes + Spiced Thyme Applesauce [Stephanie from Henry Happened] // Total fried potato goodness served with sweet applesauce and cool sour cream.
6. Indian-Spiced Slow Cooker Red Lentil Soup [Kalyn from Kalyn's Kitchen] // An Indian-inspired soup made with red lentils, spinach, and coconut milk.
7. Angel Hair with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce [Rachel from Rachel Cooks]// A quick, easy pasta dish made with a spicy roasted red pepper sauce.
8. Hummus Quinoa Cakes [Liz from The Lemon Bowl] // Instead of eggs, hummus is used to bind these vegan quinoa cakes.
9. Farro & Kale Salad with White Beans & Slow Roasted Tomato [Lydia from The Perfect Pantry] // This hearty, nutritious salad makes a great vegetarian main dish.
10. Mediterranean Wrap [Nikki from Pennies on a Platter] //Instead of a normal “veggie wrap” that can lack taste, this Mediterranean wrap is packed full of tang with a layer of sun-dried tomato pesto and hummus. Switch it up with various flavored soft tortillas or flat-breads.
11. Avocado, Cheddar & Sun-Dried Tomato Quesadilla [Cassie from Bake Your Day] //
A simple weekday lunch or snack with sharp white cheddar, sun-dried tomatoes and avocado, sandwiched between two tortillas and grilled until golden brown.
12. Broccoli Cheddar Soup [Kirsten from Comfortably Domestic] // I make this broccoli cheddar soup all of the time. The recipe as written calls for chicken stock, but quite frankly, I often use vegetable stock with great results.
13. Sweet & Spicy Asian Tofu [Jen from Savory Simple] // My sweet and sour asian tofu. It’s a favorite of mine because I can throw it together for lunch or dinner in less than 10 minutes and it’s healthy.
14. Spinach Feta Veggie Burgers with Crispy Fried Onions & Roasted Tomatoes [Carrie from Bakeaholic Mama] // This easy veggie burger recipe is made with chickpeas, feta, and spinach.
15. Cheese, Tomato & Tofu Sandwich with Avocados [Julie from The Little Kitchen] // A restaurant copycat recipe of mine. I love it because it’s simple and it has so many great flavors and since I LOVE tofu, it’s one of my favorites.
Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this post. My husband’s grandfather passed away this week and I put out the call for favorite vegetarian dishes so I could have something scheduled before leaving for Chicago–I am so grateful for the help and support I received from my fellow bloggers. I hope you will all go visit, pin, and share these amazing recipes!